Shelly Prosko, Physical Therapist, Professional Yoga Therapist and Pilates instructor, is a highly respected pioneer in the area of Physio Yoga Therapy, a combination of Physical Therapy and medical therapeutic yoga. She received her Physical Therapy degree at the University of Saskatchewan in 1998, her medical therapeutic yoga training through Professional Yoga Therapy Institute in North Carolina and her Pilates certification through Professional Health and Fitness Institute in Maryland.
Her mission is to educate, inspire and empower people to create health by authentically sharing her knowledge, expertise and experience as she travels globally offering specialty PhysioYoga Therapy courses, presenting at medical conferences and yoga therapy symposiums, lecturing at medical college programs, teaching at numerous yoga therapy schools (including teaching medical therapeutic yoga to health care professionals at the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute), teaching Life is Now Pain Care Yoga courses, instructing at Blissology Yoga Teacher Trainings, offering individual assessments and treatments, and actively promoting the integration of yoga into our current healthcare system.
- Blending yoga and PT
- Yoga is: connecting to one’s truest self and connecting with others
- Blending and shifting multiple avenues of self-healing
- What does the Yoga industry need? (Hint – all health industries need this)
- How to approach care while wearing multiple hats
- What specific conditions or injuries have been found very responsive to yoga therapy?
- The best way to explain a new idea: give someone an experience
- Feeling out the timeframe of integrating yoga into PT care
- Cultivating the art of mindfulness, then sharing it with others
- Where is yoga falling under the umbrella of health and wellness