This week’s guest is Mike Eseinhart, PT. Eric and Nick had the incredibly chance to sit down in person with Mike while he was stopping through Pittsburgh. We are incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to meet with Mike one-on-one and learn from his passionate views on health and wellness.
You can follow Mike on Twitter here: @mikeeisenhart and here: @FreeTheYoke – You can also learn more about Mike’s company Pro-Activity Associates through their website here: Pro-Activity Associates and through Twitter here: @Pro_Activity
Who is Mike Eisenhart, PT? A lot of people in the physical therapy world will already know the answer to that question. If you are new to hearing about Mike, here is a glimpse of his biography from his company’s website: Pro-Activity.com
“Mike Eisenhart is a leader in the physical therapy profession having held posts at the local, state and national levels for the American Physical Therapy association, the nation’s largest professional association for physical therapists including the role of President of the association’s NJ chapter from 2015 to 2017. In addition, as one of the profession’s top innovators, formally recognized in 2013 for work done on Pro-Activity’s Prevention Model, which he pioneered initially in 1999, Mike has written extensively ranging from blogs and trade journals to more formal peer-reviewed publications. His most recent formal work was the chapter “Work Injury Prevention and Management: The Role of the Physical Therapist in Injury Reduction/Prevention and Workforce Wellness” in 2014, on behalf of the national Orthopedic Section of the APTA.”
Here are a sample of the questions we dive into in this episode:
- Introduction of Mike Eisenhart, Co-owner of Pro-activity Associates, President of APTA NJ division, resounding activist for the progression of physical therapy
- How does Pro-activity approach patient care in ways that traditional Physical therapy/ fitness coaching do not?
- What barriers must the entrepreneur observe and overcome when considering starting their own business?
- What resources did Mike utilize when learning to run his company and some of Mike’s best recommendations for our listeners.
- “The patient experience” as described my Mike and understanding personal health as an asset and not for granted.
- Classical business marketing vs. promoting your brand through results and self-evaluation.
- #Freetheyoke What is the message and what can we do to promote the mission to change healthcare and re-visit the contemporary perception of chronic disease.