Becoming a Leader with Dr. Karen Litzy, PT, DPT
In this episode, Nick and I, along with guest co-host Megan Mitchell, SPT, had the pleasure of sitting down with physical therapist, entrepreneur, and leader, Dr. Karen Litzy. We dive into the strategies that have led to Karen becoming an entrepreneur, her views on leadership, and what she has in store for the future.
- Netflix: Stranger things
- The perks of experiencing the NYC subway
- How many cats is too many cats?
- Mike Eisenhart’s first glimpse of a Liger (Intro to Benson, Karen’s cat)
- What collaboration looks like in Monaco at the IOC World Conference On Prevention Of Injury And Illness In Sport
- The Benefits of starting something new, like the Healthy, Wealthy, & Smart Podcast
- Being in the right place at the right time, but with the right ATTITUDE
- First impression tips: Do your research + Learn how to pitch yourself
- Student advice: be curious, understand your own philosophy, and be nice!
- Why aren’t more women perceived as leaders in PT? Creating the Women in PT Summit
- Distinguishing between being LOUD and being a LEADER, especially on social media
- The Leaders of Leaders: David Butler and Alan Siegel
- Building a brand is more than just the business: “Put your face on it”
- Recognizing the signs of an effective leader
- Karen’s annual words: “Yes”, “Connection”, and “Fearless”
- Be sure to tune into the progress of Karen’s efforts with the Women in PT Summit, subscribe and learn from her incredible podcast, Healthy, Wealthy & Smart
Follow Karen on Twitter @KarenLitzyNYC, Facebook at Dr. Karen Litzy, and on her website www.karenlitzy.com