In this week’s episode of The Knowbodies Podcast, we sit down with Dr. Andy Galpin, Ph.D., a Professor at CSU Fullerton where he researches muscle physiology and teaches classes. He is also the host of The Body of Knowledge Podcast, is a frequent guest on the Barbell Shrugged Podcast, and recently published a new book, Unplugged, which provides a blueprint for using technology to meet your health and performance goals in a much smarter way, while reconnecting to your instincts and the natural world.
In this episode we dive into:
- Andy’s personal philosophy about finding his path in life
- Andy’s athletic background as a football player, weightlifter, and martial artist
- Some history behind Barbell Shrugged and his friendships with the guys
- His path to becoming a professor after considering Athletic Training and Physical Therapy as careers
- How are physical therapists doing when it comes to understanding strength and conditioning principles?
- Andy’s approach to assessing a brand new client
- The principles of strength and conditioning and how Andy applies them
- We throw a couple of case studies at Andy that he breaks down and explains how he would approach them
- Andy’s new book, Unplugged, and what to expect down the road from him
Be sure to follow Andy on Twitter:
Buy Dr. Galpin’s new book, Unplugged here: https://www.amazon.com/Unplugged-Brian-MacKenzie/dp/1628602619